Sunday 4 March 2007

Hexham Holiday









Hello all,



Had a fantastic time up in Hexham in Northumberland staying at a house called "Fernstone", which is a respite home provided by "Rainbow Trust". It is provided to parents with children who have a life threatening illness or who are terminally ill. We were well looked after by a number of staff over the 5 days, they fed and watered us and even did our washing and ironing. There was an indoor swimming pool that Immie loved and a sauna for me. I'm not into swimming, roasting myself and relaxing in the sauna is more my thing. Can you chill out in a sauna?
We spent the week with another family from Sunderland. Parents Beccy and Mark were there with their 2 kiddies; Lilly and Hannah. Lilly was 4 and Hannah was slightly older than Imogen. Immie had a fab time with Lilly, who doted on her. Unfortunately, Hannah has a rare chromazone disorder and is not able to physically interact. She is a lovely little girl and was clear to see she gave mum and dad a lot of pleasure. Lilly had trouble pronouncing Imogen, she said In ja min, or something like that. So she called her "Little Tinker". In her thick Sunderland accent she would say, "L'il Tinka". She'd say, "Does the L'il Tinka wanna play in the toy room or, "Where's the L'il Tinka?" Sounded funny from a 4 year old. It was nice to see them playing well together. Beccy and Mark were on their honeymoon. I bought them a bottle of bubbly to celebrate, Mark to my amusement sank it all himself and didn't offer me a taster. Cheers mate! I'm not being serious dude.
"Rainbow Trust" is a self finacing charity and everyone involved works very hard to keep the house open. We will be sending our donation soon and will try and do some fund raising for them. A big thanks to all the staff who made us feel very welcome.
This is the second time I have typed this post. My darling wife came in and tried to help put the images in place better than how I had done it. She hit a button and all the text and pics went. I couldn't retrieve it. I'm off now to pin her down and with a continuing action of right palm against left buttock, shall replicate a beautiful sunset across Morecambe Bay. Stayed tuned for images of it here soon. Bye for now.



1 comment:

Luca said...

Imogen you have a smile that could melt butter! You are a very brave little girl and your mommy and daddy are doing a sterling job. I'm sure they are very proud of you, you've come a long way and have been through so much.. keep it up! ;-)

Nikki & Luca